ASreml Summer School 2017
Dates: 24th – 28th July 2017
Registration closing date: 10th July 2017
Venue: The second conference room, Block B, State Key Laboratory of Tree Genetics and Breeding, Chinese Academy of Forestry, Beijing, China
Dr. Yuanzhen Lin (Breeder& Statistician, South China Agricultural University, China)
Fei Deng (CTO, VSNC, China)
Highlight: Genetic parameter Estimation BLUP, GBLUP and Genomic Selection
Capacity: 30 seats
In breeding, accurate assessment of genetic parameters is the key to improve breeding efficiency. Linear mixed model can combine various types of information (year, location, field management condition, pedigree) to assess heritabiliy, breeding values, repeatability and genetic correlations. It has been widely used in the international community and becomes the core method of genetic parameter evaluation.
Currently, SNPs technology plays important role in breeding program. It facilitates accurate results of various genetic parameters, GBLUP and Genomic selection. However, SNPs provide large and complex data set which can be managed using linear mixed models.
To meet the needs of scientific researchers in animal and plant breeding area and the demands of advanced ASreml learning, the ASreml Summer School will be held in China on 24th-28th July 2017.
This seminar will bring together our customers and invited guests from many industries, including, business sector, public authorities, research centers and universities across Asia-Pacific to gain valuable experience of intensive ASreml training and to share their knowledge and experiences of using ASreml in animal and plant breeding as well as to bond the network between researchers for further development and assistance.
On this special occasion, Dr. Arthur R Gilmour, the original inventor of ASreml, will be a key instructor. The program will focus on the demonstration of ASreml applications for animal and plant breeding. You will meet the ASreml experienced users and have a chance to work on your own data closely with the instruction from Dr. Arthur R Gilmour and other experts.
Requirement: Personal Computer
Recommend system requirements
- 4 GB RAM
- 1 GHz dual core
- 64 bit Windows
- 500 GB hard disk
* One regular registration can cover one participant.
* Registration fee will cover refreshment breaks, lunch, and conference materials. It does not include hotel accommodations.
- The registration fee is exclusive of all TAXES.
- Please make bank transfers payable to:
Account name: Biosci (Thailand) Co., Ltd.
Account no. 9260182614
Bank Name: Bangkok Bank
Branch: Exchange tower sukhumvit road
SWIFT Code: BKKBTHBK
– A scanned copy of the local or international transfer receipt must be indicated the exact name of the registrants and summit to us [Here]
– If you already made the payment, you will receive a payment confirmation email once the transaction is completed. This may take up to 1 weeks since Bangkok Bank will need to make some additional checks before accepting the payment.
- The registration fee is not included the money transfer fee charged by the intermittent bank and recipient bank.
- Please note that the registration is complete when payment has been processed.
- Please note that the date on the receipt will be the date payment is received by us.
- A receipt of your payment will also be provided to you on the date of conference.
- An invitation letter will be issued when the payment is completed and will be sent directly to your email address.
- Home Inn (800 m from Seminar)
( North Palace Gate,Summer Palace )
Detail address: No. 9, south gate bridge , the red flag road , Haidian District, Beijing
- 7 Days Inn (700 m from Seminar)
(North Palace Gate)
Detail address: North of Gongde temple bridge, the red flag road, Haidian District, Beijing
- Super 8 (1,600 m from Seminar)
(North Palace Gate)
Detail address: No.67, west street of qinglong bridge, Haidian District, Beijing
Cancellation and Refunds Policy:
- The registration fee and software purchasing could not be refunded.
- If participants could not participate the event, they remain the right to get the software (ASreml 3) and can be allocated to a future event (Date to be determined).
Biosci (Thailand) Co., Ltd.
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org , Tel.: +66 2564 7757