The Agricultural industry is of major ecological, economic, and social importance. With the population increasing and agricultural land decreasing it is essential to find ways to sustain and promote the production of plants and animals for human use. Even the supermarkets are finally jumping on the sustainable agriculture band wagon (or should that be tractor). There are some of us however who have been aware of the importance and commercial viability of agriculture for sometime. Genstat software was born and bred in the agricultural field and we’ve stayed loyal to our users. Over the years, as sciences become more interdisciplinary, Genstat took the cue and branched out to embrace all bio and life sciences: areas we remain deeply committed to.
As the only company of its kind to concentrate on the life sciences, VSNi are ideally placed to help you reach your goals quickly, efficiently and perhaps most important, accurately. With a growing awareness that new technologies can support and often accelerate results, Genstat provides all the tools you need to bring viable research and results to your Agribusiness.
- Analyse large, complex datasets easily and efficiently
- Define factors that can benefit you and your clients
- Define key traits to help you discover & create new methods of regeneration
- Discover patterns in vast sets of data
- Determine risk factors
- Identify the most effective treatments
- Examine traits of agro-economic importance
- Assist in increasing yield and produce
- Reduce production costs
- Predictive analysis to assist with optimization
- Graphical exploration and presentation of data
- Integrate agricultural and climatic data
With thousands of analyses, procedures and directives a single page isn’t nearly enough to show off Genstat. The following is but a small example of some of the possibilities; to gauge the full potential why not try Genstat for yourself?
- Design experiments and plan agricultural monitoring systems
- Analysis of variance to compare varieties and trends
- REML facilities to model patterns
- Hierarchical generalized linear models to evaluate random effects
- Identify patterns in data by means of PCA, cluster analysis and much more
- GLMM appropriate for the analysis of uncorrelated residuals
- Easy data uploads to produce an array of visual data and graphics for presentation purposes
- Allows integration between agri and climatic communities
Today those who work within agriculture are generally knowledgeable in other disciplines such as biology, botany, genetics, soil science, climatology, hydrology, economics and forest management. We understand this and Genstat is tailored to suit all such disciplines. Our role is to support you in achieving viable, accurate results and delivering to your customers.
“Agriculture not only gives riches to a nation, but the only riches she can call her own” Samuel Johnson